Amerigo Education is a U.S.-based education company that helps international students in the United States achieve their full potential. As a growing number of students from around the world seek to advance their education in American high schools, Amerigo is setting a new standard in educating international students by combining the established practices of nurturing, supportive environments from traditional American boarding schools with innovative approaches to language development and college guidance.
Amerigo is looking for a Residential Design & Procurement Project Manager who will lead the design, procurement, and launch of our residential student campuses. This contractor role is expected to last from February through August. This will include, but will not be limited to, developing a design theme for each campus, planning the furniture requirements, sourcing all related assets (furniture, equipment, student necessities) and coordinating the delivery and installation prior to the arrival of students in August. The role will work closely with the corporate leadership and campus operations teams to deliver each campus project from beginning to end.
Success in this role will be demonstrated by:
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Capacity to identify, negotiate, and manage multiple external vendors
• Clear oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with cross-functional teams across the organization
• An ability to incorporate an appropriate design aesthetic to each campus, consistent with the Amerigo brand
• Adhere to the cultural values of Amerigo
On a day-to-day basis, this role will be responsible for:
• Leading the project plan for the launch of each residential facility for each Amerigo campus
• Meeting the time, cost, and service level requirements associated with this project so that all campuses are operational for the agreed upon launch day
• Developing and managing cross-functional project plans
• Maintaining timely and consistent communications with Amerigo leadership and campus operations teams
• Identifying, managing, and negotiating with suppliers of furniture, fixtures, and equipment to ensure strategic and financial objectives are met
• Identifying and sourcing additional resources required to ensure a successful campus launch
The successful candidate will be an organized, entrepreneurial, and energetic leader with a
strong focus on project management and operational execution. This person will possess
strong organizational and communications skills, while establishing successful working
relationships with team members across the Amerigo campuses. This person must be resilient
and reliable while demonstrating an ability to manage multiple external constituents.
This individual will be expected to anticipate operational needs and challenges, problem solve
as changes in the project plan arise, and negotiate with various third-party partners related to
the sourcing, pricing, and delivery of campus furnishings.
This candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Operations Management
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or related experience is preferred
• Demonstrated track record of success in project management in a corporate environment
• Experience in purchasing, supply chain management and/or logistics
• Knowledge and application of supplier contract strategy, negotiations, contractual terms and
• Experience working within a specific design and brand framework
• Experience in a fast- paced environments working with multiple teams on a variety of
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced matrix organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
For additional information, please contact email@example.com